Search

Monday, November 6, 2017

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Space has always held a strange allure to me. Ever since I was little, I’ve looked up at the night sky and pondered the questions of the universe. Alas, as I grew older I realized the laws of physics that unite the universe were way beyond my ability to understand. I’ve continued to keep an interest in stars, but I’ve always wanted to know more. I read “A Brief History of Time” and other galactic texts. While illuminating, I always wanted more. Enter “Astrophysics for People in a Hurry”. This book illuminated a VERY tricky field and made it easy to understand to the lay person. Tyson took one of (if not THE) hardest scientific field and broke it down to the core elements (pun intended). I now feel as if I have a good groundwork for my further research into the stars, universe and everything beyond. Maybe tonight I’ll break out my telescope and start a galactic journey all my own.

Recommended by Monica Shine
Click here to view in the catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment